In Chinese culture, the calabash, or "bottle-gourd" plant, has long been used as a food and medicine, and its hard shell as a bottle, a dipper and even an ancient musical instrument.
Gourds have traditionally been used to carry medicine, wine and "magic" Old Chinese gourd charmelixirs. Gourds were also tied to the backs of children and boat people to serve as life preservers.
The gourd is popular as a charm to ward off evil spirits and disease because its first character (hulu 葫芦) has the same pronunciation as the word to "protect" or "guard" (hu 护) and also the word for "blessing" (hu 祜).
The calabash also has a shape that resembles the number “8”.
|Weight||0.83g (4.15ct) **weight including mounting|
|Measurement||7.9 x 5.2 x 2.2 (mm)|
|Shape and Cut||Carved as a Calabash|
|Comments||Perfect flawless piece. Jadeite customised in 18k gold as a pair of stud earrings.|
|Remarks||Item includes gift box, jadeite polishing cloth and certificate of guarantee.|
Please Take Note
- Please take some time to read through our full shipping policy before purchase.
- All photos and videos are taken under natural daylight and it is non-edited. Do note that colour may differ from device to device.
- We do our best to provide you with the full descriptions and measurements. Do read them carefully. For conversions of measurements, kindly goggle for the most suitable chart according to your preference.
- All our items is not accompanied with gemological certifications. It would be customer's option to include the certification at an additional charge of US$55. Note that certification will be done at our local reputable gemological institute. Certifications takes about 3-4 working days.
- All items sold at Yokdee Jadeite is guaranteed to be of A-Grade only. Our in-house certificate of guarantee will be accompanied for all purchases. Within 30 days (working and non-working) after received of item, should jadeite be found to be other than of A-Grade, with proof provided to us, we will refund you the full amount.
"Every piece of Jadeite is unique in its own ways, do look through at our collections to see which catches your eyes. We would be more than happy to receive your feedback or enquiries; you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.